* Personal Hygiene.
*Timely Breast Feeding.
*Clothing as per Climate.
*No Oil massage.
*No pouring of oil on scalp (head), in Nose, Ears or Eyes.
*No Kajal in Eyes.
*AC Temperature not below 260C
*No Bottle-Feeding, Nipples Shield, Pacifiers
13)DOS AND DONTS FOR MOTHER
*Care of Nipples and Breasts.
*Express excess breast milk.
*Sitz Bath for Episiotomy- Sitting in a bathtub with diluted Dettol mixed
lukewarm water for 20 minutes/day.
*Cleaning Stitches (Episiotomy) from Front Backwards (not in reverse direction) especially after passing stools
*Come back to your Pre- Pregnancy weight.
*Don’t wet Caesarean Operation Dressing.
*Don’t allow Breast to get Engorged or form an Abscess.
*Don’t eat Laddoos ( made of any material), consume Ghee or Oil.
*Don’t take excessive rest for 42 days or longer.
*No Sex for initial 42 Days.
*Not to plan next Pregnancy for 3 to 5 years.
CONTRACEPTION : Please use reliable contraceptive method when you start
relations after 42 days.
OPTIONS FOR CONTRACEPTION ARE:
1) Condom (Nirodh-for Husband) and Today Vaginal Pessary (wife has to insert
in her Vagina, one Contraceptive Pessary, 15 minutes before intercourse).
Combined use : success rate 99%. No common side effects.
2) Copper-T (IUCD)- To be inserted by Dr.Oza in patient’s Uterus 42 days after
Delivery or between 5th and 10th day of Menses. Common Side effects-
Bleeding increases by 25% for following 3 cycles. Follow up as advised. Success
3) Oral Contraceptive Pills- To-be consumed by Wife, Orally DAILY at same fixed
time at night from Day 4 of starting of Menses for 21 days. Common side effect
Nausea, Vomiting, Giddiness for initial few days. Weight gain 1kg/Year. To be
stopped 3 Months before planning Next Pregnanacy. Sucess rate 99.6%.
Permanent Method of Contraception-
1) Female Sterilization- By Laparoscopy OR Mini-Laparotomy. Irreversible.
Failure Rate 0.4%. OR
2) Male Sterilization Please Note: After Operation, Husband has to use Condomsfor 90 Days OR till Semen Report shows that there are no Sperms in it. Failure Rate 0.4%.